One of my dear friends said to me the other day that her girl was bored and “started looking through a bin next to the fridge with magnetic toys. She excitedly said, ‘Frigits! I forgot about those.’
Well that got me wondering. I started thinking about the movie Toy Story. A favorite of mine. What if all those toys hidden away in our closets and drawers, often forgotten about were just wishing, hoping and wanting us to come find them and play again. We’re pretending remember?
I can’t think of anything better than to make a new memory with an old toy. Either pull them out love on them and pass them on to a new friend, or get reacquainted and enjoy them all summer. We have done a lot of Lego building in our time. My friend passed along this link to some great ideas for them.
One of our most favorite of all the toys, were Magnetix (I don’t think you can even buy them anymore). A. Pumpkin would make elaborate things that would spin. I enjoyed those FAR more than she did just because she had a special way of making them come alive.
If you asked what my favorite toy was as a child? Spirographs. I still think they are the coolest thing.
What was the toy have I logged the most hours with throughout time? Play Doh
Here’s a few more questions for you.
- What is YOUR Favorite toy?
- Which toy did you wait the longest to get?
- What is a toy that you had to save your money and buy yourself?
- What is your oldest toy that you loved so much that you still have it with you. In essence, what is your Woody Doll?
- Which toy do you think you will still have in 5 years?
- Which is your favorite blocks or legos?
- Which is your favorite markers or crayons?
- If you could make a movie about one of your toys, which would it be?
- Do you think your toys have secret lives?
- Which is better: puzzles, board games or legos?
A. Pumpkin Recommends…
I just finished this book two nights ago. Now at the beginning of this book I had trouble figuring out if the character was a boy or a girl, but by chapter two I realized that the name of the chapter was the story from that characters point of view. The chapters titled Eric are weird, and that you should be careful when reading them. The book is funny and there is a huge, enormous, gigantic surprise ending. Well it is more something that is involved in the ending than the ending itself. I really enjoyed the book although I rushed through it and won’t make that mistake again. Reading should be fun and enjoyable and I hope you like this book as much as I did.