Two great days! National give something away day AND National I love horses day!
Ok, first, can you even make a national day out of something that is so easy to do? Everyone LOVES horses. Every little girl wants to own a horse, ride a horse or feed a horse. So, you are totally on your own with that day. Too easy. Find a horse, give it a carrot.
NATIONAL GIVE SOMETHING AWAY DAY as defined from nationaldaycalendar.com
National Give Something Away Day is celebrated annually on July 15. This is a day to give something to someone. It can be something that is a basic necessity like shoes or clothing or something more frivolous like flowers or a balloon bouquet. Spend time with someone in a hospital or just call someone to let them know you are thinking about them. National Give Something Away Day is a day to pay it forward and do something nice for someone, whether it is someone you know or a stranger.
Celebrate by buying lunch for someone in need. Buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you in line at the coffee shop. Go through your closet and donate clothing you no longer wear to a good cause. Post on social media using #GiveSomethingAwayDay to encourage others to join in paying it forward.
How am I going to celebrate?
I have more prizes that I am going to add to the drawing on Saturday night. Due to a malfunction of the rafflecopter, it didn’t let me draw on Saturday night. I was so frustrated by that, that I found some new sponsors and new prizes. I will be posting them throughout the day and updating the rafflecopter with all the chances to win. This is going to be GREAT!
How are you going to celebrate? here are a few ways.
- Find a few toys or clothes that you don’t play with or have outgrown and give to a friend
- Love this! I find coupons that are favorites and leave them by the product in stores for someone to find. Contact Solution, medicines or cat food whatever you have.
- Buy an ice cream cone for someone else.
- Often if I have a coupon for BOGO, I will give the second one away. Coffees, movies whatever (I actually have one for a movie below) I get Redbox codes ALL the time and give them away to someone renting a movie. See below for codes)
- Let someone cut in front of you.
- If you are going through the drive up bank, put one of your favorite jokes from yesterday in with your transaction. See if they giggle.
- High Five people walking into a store.
REDBOX (new customers only)
Text GAMEKIDS to 727272 for a free 1-day video game rental
DVDATWAG (good only at Walgreen’s locations)
WALGREENS (good only at Walgreen’s locations)
RDBOXHEB (good only at HEB locations
DVDATWEG (good only at Wegman’s locations)
DVDKROG (Good only at Kroger locations)
DRIVEIN (good only at Sonic locations)
Downloads from God – Journal Entry #13 – Sound Off
Have you ever gone to work out at a gym? I have, many many times. Over the years, I have done some serious exercising; walking, aerobics, stair climbing, weights. Of all of these, lifting weights is my favorite. You can FEEL it almost instantly. Building muscle is so tangible and I love that about it. Not only that, I have a favorite muscle group that thrills me when I get to work them. It puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.
Today’s download is no different. This is an absolute favorite game that God and I play. We call it Sound Off.
The rules are simple.
- Turn your sound off. Your mouth, your brain. All of it. You hear all that everyday, but for 15 minutes, turn them all off.
- Listen to your environment. Birds, branches moving, dishwasher running. First time players might have to close their eyes.
- Listen for connections and visually watch what happens. ie A cat walks near a bird nest then the birds start chirping in alert.
- Make notes of how one sound effects other sounds. A rock is thrown in a pond and causes ripples.
What you are looking for are the connections. Listen for the connections.
The best way I can explain this, is the domino effect by Honda